Go for flowers, balloons, and/or banner across or behind the front desk. Recognition that is visible to everyone will make your dental assistant feel especially appreciated. It’s also a great way to get the week started and set the tone for a week of recognition.
How do you thank a dental assistant?
Show them how important they are to you and your practice. Remind them how much they mean to your patients. Tell them “thank you,” not just during Dental Assistants Recognition Week, but every week. You’ll be surprised at the difference it will make for these valuable team members.
What makes a great dental assistant?
A great dental assistant is caring and courteous to their coworkers and their patients. … By being kind and considerate, you can make patients feel much more at ease during their visit.
What are your strengths as a dental assistant?
10 Traits of a Successful Dental Assistant
- Excellent organizational skills. …
- Detail-oriented personality. …
- Ability to manage multiple things at once. …
- Good dexterity skills. …
- Professional demeanor. …
- Strong communication skills. …
- Great listening abilities. …
- Compassionate attitude.
What do you think the most valuable skill for a dental assistant is and why?
Skill #1: Interpersonal Skills – This skill helps dental assistants properly interact with patients. Dental assistants must work closely with dentists and patients. … They need to follow directions from a dentist or dental hygienist, so they can help treat patients and do tasks, such as taking an x ray.
Is there a national dental assistant day?
The ADA Council on Dental Practice is encouraging dentists and their teams to acknowledge the dedication and contributions of their dental assistants during Dental Assistants Recognition Week, March 7-13. … Dental Assistant Recognition Week is held the first full week in March every year.
What are 10 duties of a dental assistant?
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing patients for dental work.
- Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary.
What is 4 handed assisting?
Four-handed dentistry may sound like something a space alien should be doing, but really it is simple to understand. It simply means that the dental assistant’s two hands are assisting the dentist’s two hands, helping to reduce the amount of time a dental exam or procedure may take.
What are the pros and cons of being a dental assistant?
Pros of Dental Assisting
- Job growth. The predicted job growth for dental assistants is significantly stronger than the national average. …
- Short training. …
- Good earning potential. …
- Working with people. …
- Possibility of flexibility. …
- Cons of Dental Assisting. …
- Working near mouths. …
- Risk for pain.
What should I expect at a dental assistant interview?
Be Prepared for 10 Important Dental Assisting Interview Questions
- Why do you enjoy being a dental assistant? …
- Tell us about your dental assisting experience. …
- What administrative experience do you have? …
- Why do you want this job? …
- What is your oral care routine? …
- How will you ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed?
What is a good oral hygiene routine?
7 Steps for Adults to Establish a Great Oral Hygiene Routine
- Set and stick to a solid tooth brushing routine.
- Regard flossing your teeth as important as brushing.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a good mouth rinse.
- Drink lots of water and only water just before bed.
- Establish a healthy and consistent diet.
What skills should a dental assistant put on their resume?
Dental Assistant Skills for a Resume
|Hard Skills||More Hard Skills||Soft Skills|
|Patient Care||Flexible Scheduling||Great Attitude|
|X-Ray Skills||Eaglesoft Dental Software||Compassion|
|4-Handed Dentistry||Invisalign||Detail Oriented|
|Dental Procedure Preparation||Cerec||Efficiency|
What you need to know before becoming a dental assistant?
Processing x rays and complete lab tasks, under the direction of a dentist. Keeping records of dental treatments. Scheduling patient appointments. Working with patients on billing and payment.
What does a dental assistant do on a daily basis?
On a daily basis, Dental Assistants prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures. They record treatment information in patient records.
What exactly does a dental assistant do?
Dental assistants provide patient care and chair-side support as dentists complete exams and procedures. … Other technical duties of a dental assistant may include: Assisting with dental procedures such as fillings, crowns, and extractions. Taking & pouring dental impressions (molds of the mouth)